After three weeks of planning, I finally created a soup recipe. Yes I am very proud about this. *wink* Well, you know, I don’t cook a lot. I get a lot of help from my dear husband when it comes to cooking for the family. But I am not giving up learning because it is one of my responsibilities as a wife and mom.
With the help of the Internet, we can easily find recipe inspirations to follow. Especially if you are like me who doesn’t like complicated recipes with so many ingredients. Do you have a favorite recipe website? I don’t have one yet but I am getting there. For now, the recipe inspiration for my soup recipe was from Kraft Recipes Totchos Hub . Using Ore-Ida Tater Tots as key ingredients in my soup recipe, I say this is a very good tasting soup that can be prepared in every day meal and great to warm you up during the cold winter days. I call it Easy Tidbits Totchos Soup. This is the very first time I am trying the Ore-Ida Tater Tots really. I’m glad that I was given the opportunity try it together with the other free products in the #JingleVoxBox I received from #Influenster. And as a part of the #OreIdaTotchos movement, I am sharing with you my simple recipe.
So here it is:
EASY TIDBITS TOTCHOS SOUP
1 cup Ore-Ida Tater Tots
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 stalk of green onion, chopped (for garnish, you can also use fresh parsley)
2 pieces of bacon, crumbled into tidbits
1/2 cup evaporated milk
3 cups water
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium-sized soup pot, heat olive oil and saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add carrots and saute for two minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add the evaporated milk. Wait for it to boil again. Milk boils quickly and can overflow so watch out.
- Add the Ore-Ida Tater Tots, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir and adjust the taste according to your preference. (I discovered that I like the Ore-Ida Tater Tots broken into tidbits in the soup.)
- Remove from heat. Serve hot. Garnish with bacon and green onions.
The soup came out really good. It smells good as well. I suggest to add minimal salt because the bacon is already salty.
For more recipe inspirations and Ore-Ida Tater Tots product updates and promotions, you can follow them on social:
Facebook – OreIdaPotatoes
Instagram – @oreida
Pinterest – oreidapotatoes
I hope you liked my easy soup recipe. Feel free to try it. Let me know in the comments below when you do.
*I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing and review purposes. All opinions are 100% mine.