Kaye draw my portrait. 🙂 She did it two days before the doctor’s appointment for her 36th month wellness check-up. I was surprised that evening she draw two circles and a line under the circles telling me that it was me. I chuckled and complimented her for the art she did for me. We have been doing activities such as counting, matching, coloring, drawing, writing, and play-doh. And I take her to the library and play area for more entertainment and social interaction.
At the pediatrician’s, DD was well-behaved and anxious to for her check-up. She kept asking “Is it my turn now?” She was funny. When the nurse opened the door and called her name, she smiled charmingly and followed the nurse to the weighing area and got on the scale for her height and weight and took her temperature as well. Then we entered the room where the nurse checked DD’s blood pressure. After all of that, we were guided to the patient’s room. While heading there, we passed by the office where Christmas stockings were hanging at the front. The nurse told us we can vote which stocking is the best. Anyway, when we get into the room, the nurse asked questions to check on DD’s developments.
1. Stands on one foot and hops. – Yes.
2. Counts 1-5 and higher. – Yes.
3. Names 5 or more colors. – Yes. (The nurse asked DD what is her favorite color. DD answered “Pink.”)
4. Three words or more in a sentence. – Yes.
5. Knows her ABC’s. – Yes.
6. Sings a simple song. – Yes. (And we asked DD to sing a song for us. She sang “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star”)
7. Names 5 or more body parts. – Yes. (During the check-up, DD asked us if we have bones. We answered yes. Then we asked her back if she has bones. She answered “I have bones.” Then she was feeling her elbow. We asked her what is that part. She said “My elbow.”)
8. Draws a circle. – Yes. (That moment I told them about DD’s drawing two days before the wellness check-up. She sure surprised me when she draw two big circles and a line under and said to me “This is you mommy.”)
I remember my cousin Emz mentioned about a question regarding the drawing thing. I didn’t think about it until we were at the wellness check-up. Her daughter was asked by her pediatrician to draw her mommy’s face. Good think A drew. Emz said she made two small circles and a small line under them. Emz didn’t see it coming. Thankfully A did it! The reason for that is to see if the little ones can follow instructions. Our girls did!