As a stay-at-home mom blogger, I spend a lot of time on the computer – typing blog post entries, editing pictures, sorting photos for Pinterest Boards, and responding to email messages. I don’t do these on my cellphone because, you know, cellphones have small screens. And that means, my eyes get strained sometimes which is giving me headaches once in a while. I do know that vision problems run in my family. But I am trying to not take the risk of acquiring them because I don’t want to wear eyeglasses.
But there are some people who have really bad vision. Some got it when they were born and others acquired vision problems as they get old. That is why they get prescription eyeglasses to help them see things perfectly. My husband has an eye problem since he was seven years old. And he is gonna wear eyeglasses for the rest of his life. I know it’s not ideal but what can he do?
But is there a way to treat bad vision? Some eye exercises can help strengthen the muscles of the eyes. I also heard about some type of eyeglasses that can help treat a certain vision problem. A good eye specialist can help with eye care needs and give recommendations on ways to improve good vision.
That is why we should take care of our eyes especially our children’s. Kids are vulnerable to vision problems because of modern technology around us. These tips are based on my personal experience and daily routine.
- Do not overdo looking on the screen of our computers, laptops, phones, and tablets. Look away from the computer after every 20 minutes.
- Don’t watch television or read when you are lying down.
- Wash your face 10 minutes after you wake up in the morning.
- Relax your eyes (few minutes after working on the computer) before washing your face at bedtime.
- Keep an ideal distance when watching television – not too close and not too far.
- Eat yellow, orange, and green vegetables rich in Vitamin A.
- Exercise your eyes outdoors by looking as far as you can.
Hope these help. If you have more recommendations, please leave in the comments below.