Personalized mug from TinyPrints.com
If you are looking for something cool and useful as Father’s Day gift, take these items into consideration to give to your dads.
- Personalized Items – There are online novelty stores or gift shops that offers personalized items such as towels, pens, shirts, calendar, planner, and mugs. I got mine from TinyPrints.com. They send promo codes thru email. I grabbed the opportunity to get a free personalized mug from them. I thought it would be a great Father’s Day gift for my husband.
- Belts – You have to be very observant on what your dads accessory types. Most men wear belts. A fine leather belt is a good gift, too.
- Laptop bag – Besides gadgets and gear, a durable laptop bag is a nice present. Your dad will take it to work everyday together with his important gadgets.
- Shoes – My husband wears casual clothes to work. So he wears tennis shoes everyday. A nice lightweight tennis shoes are wonderful gift. And if dad does fitness activities, a nice pair of running shoes or walking shoes are great.
- Underwear – I don’t mind buying my dad underwear. In fact, when I send a package to the Philippines, I always include several pairs of high quality underwear that includes under shirts and socks.
- Shavers – Most men shaves and I bet the man in your home does, too. There are lots of best shavers in the market today. Some of them are kind of luxurious. But a durable and long lasting shaver will do.
- Lunch or Dinner Treat – Most of all, a special lunch or dinner is one of the best present we can give to our dads or dads in the family. It doesn’t matter whether it’s at home or in a restaurant. What matters most is the time, effort, and the thought we give to this special occasion for Fathers.
Reading as part of enrollment evaluation. Photo was taken by my sister.
Few days ago, I think that was Monday, my sister enrolled my nephew into 7th Grade. Before they can get in line and go through the enrollment process, my sister has to do a certain task in the school together with the other parents. She and other parents cleaned up the school grounds. Sweeping and raking dried leaves, weeding, and the likes. Once they are done with the certain task, they can get in line for their kids’ enrollment.
Good thing my sister has all the requirements for enrollment. She was complaining that there are so many enrollees for the 7th Grade. I just couldn’t believe how messed up is the education system now in the Philippines. K-12 was implemented IMMEDIATELY. What in the world??? My nephew graduated from 6th Grade (supposedly finishes the Elementary level then will go to High School) now he has to enroll to 7th Grade. I should be pissed off. They should have implemented that K-12 to the 1st Graders last school year.
Anyway, as part of the enrollment process, all enrollees have to read in front of the enrolling teacher as an evaluation for sectioning, I guess. So they got it done so next thing to do now is to buy uniforms and school supplies. Classes starts in two weeks.
Rose Festival in Tyler, Texas
October 18, 2014
The Queen’s Tea
K interacting with the ladies. She is petting the pretend parrot.
These girls are very lovely in their costume gowns. K loves to take her pictures with them.
The Rose Festival’s theme for 2014 was Cirque de la Rose.
K with the princesitas.
We had so much fun taking photos with the lovely gals.
K’s favorite was this lady with a pretend snake. 🙂
And yes, K and the Rose Queen 2014.
After all that fun in the sun, nothing is more comforting that holding Na-na’s hand.